Like most men, my husband’s favorite thing is chocolate and peanut butter. When baby was napping the other day, I decided to build my chocolate peanut butter dessert repertoire and try something new. So I made up a recipe. I made it a cookie cake for two reasons: 1. Cookie cake is my go to thing. 2. It’s way easier to make a giant cookie than roll individual cookies. Mamas only have so much time….
In short, hubby loved it. I loved it. Baby slept through me making it. #naptimechefwin
- 1 c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c Peanut Butter
- 2 3/4 c Flour
- 2 t Baking soda
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 or so miniature Reese’s (chopped)
1. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. In your mixer, cream butter and sugars (brown and granulated sugar).
3. Add eggs and vanilla
4. Add peanut butter.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients, stirring in between. Do it all at once, and it will snow in your kitchen. No Mama has time for that.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Reese’s cups. The batter should look like the picture below.
Don’t taste it. You might end up stopping right there. It’s that good.
7. Put the dough in your favorite pie dish (pack it in by hand, making sure it is tight and level). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-27 minutes. Yes, that is a big range with a large margin of error. Trust your baking instincts. Once you see the edges browning and the middle is not wobbly/squishy, you are good. It will darken a little bit after you take it out.
7. Enjoy! Notice how thick the slices are….it is heavenly. Go ahead and pour yourself some milk.